The cost of attracting a new customer is 5x as much as the cost of retaining an existing one. Keeping your customers happy is crucial for business success.
A cloud communications platform has all the tools you need to minimize customer wait times and improve customer retention.
Minimize Customer Frustration
Regardless of the size of your business, there are many ways to cut response times and prevent your customers from getting impatient.
- No Busy Signals. Nothing makes customers angrier when they run into issues than a repeated busy signal when they call. With a cloud communications system, they’ll never get a busy signal! Calls can be automatically forwarded to an alternate representative when you’re busy, or go straight to voicemail in rare cases when all extensions are tied up.
- Find Me-Follow Me allows you to take customer calls while you’re in the field, and respond as if you’re back in the office, letting them know you’re always on the job.
- Music on Hold can make any time that your customers DO spend in a queue a bit more enjoyable.
The Right Service
- Virtual Receptionist can direct callers to the right extension, ensuring they get the appropriate individual to deal with their question or concern.
- Use Call Recordings to review calls as part of the training process, ensuring customers are receiving the best service possible over the phone.
- Call Recording can also be used to evaluate miscommunication and resolve customer complaints with minimal confrontation.
- With Contact Centre, features like Listen In, Whisper Page and Barge allow you to coach service representatives while they’re on a call, giving them real-world situations to experience during their training.
Manage Customer Expectations
- Presence indicator lights (or BLFs) on most phones show which of your extensions are busy, so you can transfer callers to an available associate. If a specific associate is busy, you can save customers time by transferring them directly to voicemail.
- Custom Messages-on-Hold can provide customers with answers to frequently asked questions and prepare them for the next representative, minimizing the wait times for all callers.
Spend Your Money Wisely
- Management Portal allows you to see call loads and brief statistics at a glance to help you adjust staffing based on peak traffic.
- See active call times and review agent reports with Contact Centre to ensure all agents are being fully utilized before hiring more staff.
These are just a few advantages of a modern cloud communication system.
If service is a priority (and it should be), upgrade your phone system to a UnitedCloud system. The power and flexibility of the UnitedCloud platform allow you to provide a better experience for your callers. That means they stay happy AND they stay customers.
Contact us to learn more about UnitedCloud, and how our groundbreaking telecommunication solutions can help you build your business.